Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
A Russian industrial distributor’s business strategy for Taiwanese machine tools
|Issue Date: ||2019-05-02 14:42:58 (UTC+8)|
|Abstract: ||This thesis is devoted to a Russian industrial distributor’s existing business strategy adjustment regarding a Taiwanese machine tool manufacturer. For this aim, company internal, external and SWOT analyses are performed; market segmentation is categorized into Chinese, Taiwanese, South Korean and Japanese/German machine tools; and formation of a new segment of Russian-made machine tools is detected. Major goals for current business strategy improvement are set. To reach a new customer type - state-owned corporations – the distributor’s organizational structure is adjusted, and advanced Taiwanese machine tools are addressed to this customer segment. To expand sales in the privately-owned customer segment, cooperation has begun with Chinese factories of a Taiwanese machine tool manufacturer. To enter the new Russian-made machine tools segment, assembly licensing strategy was implemented, and manufacturing licensing strategy was evaluated. Together these steps have already significantly improved current business, and further business development is forecasted.|
|Reference: ||1. Hill, Charles and Jones, Gareth and Schilling, Melissa. Strategic Management: Theory, 11e. Stamford: Cengage Learning, 2014.|
2. Daniels, John and Radebaugh, Lee and Sullivan, Daniel. International Business Environments and Operations, 15e. Harlow: Pearson, 2015.
3. Kotler, Philip. Marketing Management, 15e. Harlow: Pearson, 2016.
4. Mudambia, Susan and Aggarwalb, Raj. ”Industrial distributors: Can they survive in the new economy?” Industrial Marketing Management. 32 (2003): 317– 325.
5. Gardner Business Media, Inc. 2016 World Machine Tool Survey. Cincinnati: Gardner Research, 2016.
6. Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade. Machine tools Industry Development Strategy till 2030 year. Moscow, 2017.
|Source URI: ||http://thesis.lib.nccu.edu.tw/record/#G0104933045|
|Data Type: ||thesis|
|Appears in Collections:||[國際經營管理英語碩士學程IMBA] 學位論文|
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
All items in 政大典藏 are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.