Building a national brand – taiwan country brand from a global perspective
Ho, Foo Nin
|上傳時間: ||2017-08-28 11:35:41 (UTC+8)|
|摘要: ||This thesis is an academic paper which makes a critical follow-up to Taiwan´s country brand development through the past years until the recent, ‘Taiwan. The heart of Asia’, carried out by Taiwan’s Tourism Bureau, since 2009, since earlier attempts as we will also make a review this were merely advertising concepts, not the creation of a brand. This will be in order to understand how the current positioning of Taiwan is managed.|
It uses a qualitative methodology that has in-depth interviews, analysis of marketing pieces in order to discover factors such as the central communication concept, branding analysis, media used, branding models, etc.; in order to understand Taiwan’s country image and brand positioning.
Through the development of this paper we find an analysis of concepts related to the Taiwanese identity, communication efforts of Taiwan’s brand and the observation of international referents that give us a framework and bench mark of success in positioning countries. The work concludes with the revelation of a series of factors related to the effectiveness of the current efforts of Taiwan’s country brand, a proposal that allow the elaboration of a coherent and adequate country image to a country like Taiwan and finally reveal conclusions regarding the characteristics of different nation brand building model that provides a methodology to manage country image successfully.
|參考文獻: ||- Anholt, S., (2004). Nation-brands and the value of Provenance. In Morgan, N., Pritchard, A., & Pride, R. (Eds). Destination branding: Creating theunique destination proposition. United Kingdom.|
- Anholt, S. (2005). Brand New Justice: how branding places and products can help the developing world, (2nd ed.). United Kingdom.
- Anholt, S. (2005). Brand Papers: Branding nations. (2005, October), from ABI/INFORM Global database.
- Anholt Nation Brands Index (2016), GFK, United Kingdome.
- Balabanis, G., & Diamantopoulos, A. (2011). Gains and losses from the misperception of brand origin: The role of brand strength and country-of-origin image. Journal of International Marketing. United Kingdome.
- Barrientos S., Marcelo G.; Lehman S., Álvaro A.; Vergara M., Juan P (2004). Desarrollo de la marca país. Diego Portales University, Chile.
- Bilkey, W.J. and Nes, E., (1982). Country-of-origin Effects on Product Evaluations. Journal of International Business Studies, Spring/Summer, United Kingdome.
- Chernatony, L. (2000). From Brand Vision to Brand Evaluation Strategically Building and Sustaining Brands. Oxford, United Kingdome.
- Chun-An Chen. (2013). Develop Taiwa’s Brand with a Cultural Perspective.Taiwan.
- Dinnie, K. (2008) Nation Branding: Concepts, issues, practice. Rutledge, London, New York.Publishing, United Kingdome.
- Fan, Y., (2010). Branding the Nation, Towards a Better Understanding. Place Branding and Public Diplomacy,
- Future Brand (2015). Country Brand Index 2014 – 2015. United Kingdome.
- Gilmore, F., (2002). A Country - Can it be Repositioned? - The Success Story of Cou-ntry Branding. Journal of Brand Management, Spain.
- Hsien-Lee. (2013). How to develop Taiwan's tourism nation brand Academic Journal. Taiwan.
- Kotler, P. and Gertner, D., (2002). Country as brand, product and beyond: A place marketing and brand management perspective. Journal of Brand Management. United States.
- Kotler and Keller (2008) Marketing Management, 13th edition, Prentice Hall, United States.
- Olins, W., (2004). Branding the nation: the historical context. In Morgan, N., Pritchard, A., & Pride, R. (Eds). Destination branding: Creating the unique destination proposition. United Kingdom:
- Porter, M., 1990. The Competitive Advantage of Nations. Cambridge: Harvard Business Review.
- Tironi . E. and A. Cavallo (2006). Strategic Comunication. Argentina.